Saturday, May 3, 2008


There is something really unique to my neighborhood.  Even though I live in a city, my neighborhood has no traffic lights.  There are a few businesses in it--a convenience store, a deli, an auto body shop, a barber, a real estate agent, and a sail maker.  We also have an elementary school and two churches.  We are attached to the rest of the city via a causeway.  You can imagine the hilarity when the causeway is having work done on it and the construction crew puts up the signs stating "Under Construction.  Please seek alternate routes".  Umm...what alternate route?   I can pretty much get to water in 5 minutes or less on foot in every direction from my house. This has led to sunset and sunrise being my two favorite times of day.  I love sunsets over the water. 

No comments: