Monday, May 11, 2009

Twitter?

Would anyone care to explain the allure of Twitter to me?  I have read a few articles about it on CNN and heard about it on the news.  I know some people describe it as "micro-blogging" and others describe it as an alternative to updating their facebook status.  I just don't understand why I should be interested in the fact that you are brushing your teeth or that you are eating dry Cheerios with chopsticks.  Now I can't say that I am totally immune to the allure of micro-blog-esque activities--I do update my facebook status.  The thing is that I would never update my facebook status to tell people that I was washing my face or twiddling my thumbs.  From what I have read about twitter, people do "tweet" those sorts of activities.  Perhaps one day I will be less put off by the realm of Twitter, but for today, I just want someone to explain its draw on the masses.

2 comments:

Meg said...

If you figure it out, please let me know. When helping older professors/on campus staff members with social networking they inevitably ask about Twitter. I explain the premise, and they always ask why, for which I have no answer.

The Bantering Bookworm said...

I'll let you know if/when I figure it out.