Thursday, August 6, 2009

An Answered Prayer

Ish and I recently moved [back] to Delaware with no furniture aside from a few bookcases and a small tray table to our names. As we began our search for furniture, a clear dilemma arose; what were we going to do for a bed? We had managed to secure some nice secondhand furniture in short order, but finding a bed would not be so easy.

As someone with allergies, the chances of finding used mattresses that I won't have a reaction to are very slim, but buying brand new mattresses, even at a discounted price, would not have been a sound financial decision for us. As is very typical of me, I started to get worried about it--What in the world were we going to do? Then, I began to pray,"Lord, please find us a bed that we can afford and won't give me allergy problems."

Over the period of a few days, Ish and I continued to search for a bed via craigslist. We found a bed that was one and a half years old (boxspring and mattress included). Ish promptly e-mailed the seller to inquire about his asking price--it worked with our budget. In a followup e-mail, Ish assesed the allergy situation and found out that the mattress was coming from a pet free home (score!).

Yesterday, Ish went to check out our potential bed. Meanwhile I was at our apartment hoping and praying that this bed would be the answer to our prayers. Ish called me when he was on his way home to let me know that God had delivered. We had a bed!

When Ish came home, the boxspring was still in its original plastic which the previous owner had never removed in the year in a half he had owned it. Ish had then informed me that this bed was clearly sent from God since not only had the boxspring been enclosed in plastic but the top mattress had been encased in a plastic "allergy-proof" cover as well!

No comments: