Monday, October 19, 2009

1000 Gifts- 21-40

holy experience


This week has been one of illness here at Chestnut Hollow, but there is still so much to be thankful for.

Thanks be to God for…

21. A delightful visit with my mother-in-law—reading translations of Miltonic sonnets and a hot cup of tea included.

22. Weekly afternoon visits with one of Ish’s sisters and her son.

23. A facebook post from my brother letting me know he made it to the Middle East safely.

24. The many military men and women sacrificing their lives for their country. May God keep them safe.

25. The time spent with Ish’s family on Friday.

26. A cold that made me remember to be thankful for my health.

27. My dear friend Livia.

28. The prayers of friends and family.

29. Steaming hot homemade soups.

30. Amusing e-mails from my mother.

31. Working hot water.

32. Cookies and milk after Mass.

33. Afternoon naps.

34. Our Brita pitcher (Unfiltered Newark water makes me quite nauseous)

35. 3 blissful months of marriage!

36. The beautiful sunset on the way to Mass yesterday.

37. The sweet quiet time spent decorating for Halloween with Ish.

38. The passing of my headache that I had for almost 5 days.

39. Joyful news.

40. My husband who so kindly made me lunch this afternoon

No comments: