Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Another fallen blue hen...

Every so often I still check the University of Delaware homepage.  I like to see what students and faculty are up to at my alma mater.  The other day I checked the website and was greatly saddened--another blue hen student has died.  Currently the causes of the freshman student's death is unknown, but it is known that alcohol played a part in the events surrounding his death.  Officials are awaiting toxicity reports. 

If his death was the result of alcohol poisoning, I can only hope that it will serve as a lesson to others on the dangers that alcohol can present when used irresponsibly. 

Regardless of the cause of death, please pray for Brett Griffin, his family, and his friends.  Also, please pray for the staff and faculty at UD that they may bring Christ's healing light to all of those affected by this tragedy.

"Requiem aeternam dona ei, 
Domine, et lux perpetua luceat ei . 
Requiescat in pace. Amen."

No comments: