Sunday, November 30, 2008

Of dragons and cave trolls...

This weekend has been incredibly refreshing thus far, and I have really enjoyed its length as well.  My brothers both came home for Thanksgiving which made for a wonderful holiday.  For once, dinner went off without a hitch.  Everything was ready on time.  After dinner we headed over to my grandmothers for dessert and a few rounds of Scrabble.

Friday I spent the afternoon and early evening with Meghan.  It was so good to spend time and words over a cup of tea and later a bowl of soup.  It just reinforced just how much I missed her over the past few months.  Clearly the two of us need to hang out more often (if only schedules would allow).

Yesterday was great.  I had a quiet morning working on my knitting and chatting with my mom.  I am working on a baby blanket with no intended owner (as of yet).  If nobody I know is pregnant by the time I finish, I will probably donate it to a Birthright Center or a women's shelter.  Ish and I had lunch together--there is no better lunch than Thanksgiving leftovers.  Last night was spent catching up with friends who were home for the weekend.  Genevieve, Sara, Sara's boyfriend Luke, Ish and I had a boardgame night.  After escaping from dragon's, stealing gold, and mostly failing at Trivial Pursuit, our night came to an end. 

This weekend has served to remind me how important staying connected with friends and family truly is.   

No comments: