Tuesday, December 2, 2008

CVS savings

I like to save money; who doesn't?  Lately I have been planning my shopping excursions for necessities or gifts so that sales work for me.  CVS has been a great aid in this.  I am starting to learn to use Extra Care Bucks (ECBs) to my advantage.  I had some major purchases to make this week as I had run out of a lot of hygiene and medical products that I normally use and need.  I really hate when I run out of everything at once.  I managed to get $120 worth of merchandise for $63.  Almost everything I bought was on sale minus more cough drops, but they were a necessity.  I am always amazed how much one can save if they try.  I was able to stock up on a few things that are too much when not on sale (I refuse to buy body wash, shampoo, conditioner, lotion not on sale).  I also was able add to what I am dubbing the "wedding box" (more about that in a future post).  

Quick note: Pursuing rain-checks  is so totally worth the time.

3 comments:

Meg said...

I bought a new dress wintercoat because the lining of my red one looks like I lost a fight with a cat. I was able to get a $250 coat for $80.

The Bantering Bookworm said...

That is some sweet savings! Your red one lasted you several winters right?

Meg said...

Yes, I think this one lasted me two years, and I got it for a similar price. Burlington Coat Factory may claim they are more than great coats, but really, thats the only reason I go there!