Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Wedding Box

As I mentioned in my previous post, I have created what I have dubbed the wedding box. The wedding box is simply something I have been working on to eliminate some of the craziness that will surround settling into married life.  Since Ish and I will be moving to Delaware immediately following our Honeymoon, things are going to be a little bit crazy come early August.  One of the things that I tend to hate doing when things are nuts is taking care of necessities.  Since clearly I can't avoid grocery shopping, the possibility of knocking that off of the to-do list is out of the question.  I can, however, avoid having to purchase a good deal of necessities--with the proper preparations of course!  I have been purchasing different necessities (toilet paper, laundry detergent, medications, toothpaste etc.) when they are on sale and putting them in a box.  Ideally what ends up in this box will last for the first 1-3 months of marriage helping to eliminate some of the stress that will come with moving, starting new jobs, and of course entering into our new vocation as a married couple.  Although having things doesn't equate to any sort of happiness, I am also aware that having certain necessities taken care of can alleviate many everyday burdens.  Doing things this way will also save a lot of money as I can stock items when they are on sale as opposed to when I need them right away.

2 comments:

Your host said...

One: I am SO EXCITED for you to get married! It just makes me warm and fuzzy. And your wedding box is a clever idea. :)

Two: I love the new blog design. I know it's old, but I don't believe I mentioned that before.

The Bantering Bookworm said...

One: I am also SO excited that I am getting married! Fathom that :-p All sarcasm aside, your excitement for our marriage is a wonderful source of support and encouragement.

Two: Thank you!