Thursday, April 24, 2008

Another beautiful day...

You sons of men, bless the Lord; praise and exalt him above all forever. --Daniel 3:82

It was another beautiful day today.  I took a long walk on the beach.  Once I got past the really rocky part, I was able to take my shoes off and walk barefoot in the sand.  Warm sand on my feet is one of those things I find really comforting.  It probably has something to do with the fact that I grew up with a beach down the street.  When the sand got to be unbearably hot I waded in the water a bit.  It was surprisingly not frigid--just cool and soothing on my burning feet.  It was such a peaceful walk.  I find walking in nature to be a good reminder of the beauty of God's creation.  Sometimes I need that reminder more than I would like to admit--today it came with perfect timing.  While I was walking, I was reminded of the prayer in Daniel 3:52-90 when Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego are invoking all of creation to praise God and how we are all called to take a place in this hymn of praise throughout our lives.



2 comments:

Meg said...

"...to praise God and how we are all called to take a place in this hymn of praise throughout our lives."

That is exactly how I feel, and the way I have been trying to navigate through life. To find grace and be thankful in all things, difficult and wonderful, one moment at a time.

After my life calms itself down a little we'll have to get together and catch up.

Ish said...

Guess what! I said Morning Prayer from the Hours with John this morning and this was the canticle for the day.