Tuesday, April 8, 2008

You may be right...

I may be crazy

I like to grocery shop.  This is considered bizarre and perhaps outlandish by many--my mother and my sister included.  I am aware that many people actually loathe grocery shopping, and they avoid it like the plague until it is absolutely necessary.  I do not fall into this category--not even close.

To me, grocery shopping is an adventure.  I enjoy the effort  of making a list.  The planning of meals in advance is something I find both satisfying and exciting.  I find great accomplishment in both determining and fulfilling my grocery list.  I also find great joy in seeing how much money I was able to save by planning ahead instead of impulse shopping.  

I really hope I am not the only one out there who finds grocery shopping enjoyable.

2 comments:

Meg said...

I, too, enjoy grocery shopping. For me, its particularly the savings aspect. The meal planning I would enjoy more if I didn't get nagged to death that its not what they wanted.

Thinking about it, its almost like hunting/gathering. I do feel like it fulfills a very primal level of satisfaction. It also allows us to act out our nurturing tendancies; by enabling others to acquire sustinance we are showing how we care.

And this is why I was a psych major.

Ish said...

You're not crazy. I love grocery shopping too. Of course, that's only when I'm shopping with you. So, maybe you are crazy and it's just contagious.