Friday, April 11, 2008

Link happy?

I came to the realization today that most of the time my blog consists of linking people to other people's thoughts and ideas.  I do realize that being a link resource has its place in the world, but that is not what I originally intended my blog to be.  I think the news and media junky in me has been very much exposed, but the fact that I am capable of expressing my own ideas has not.  With that said, I am hoping to provide a better mix of content.  

Providing variety is going to be a difficult task for me.  I have come to rely on my short personal drabble, embedding videos, and providing links to elsewhere on the internet to fill my blog with frequent updates.  I hope to change that, but I also must indicate that this change will probably be a slow one.  I do not always know how to express what I think about something without being completely incoherent.  I am making a promise to myself to work on this though.

Just to clarify, I stand by the links I have decided to share with you all.  I don't post them as a substitute for writing more thoughtful piece.  The resources I choose to share with you are ones I find valuable, interesting, and/or intriguing.  If you have the time, follow these links, and read their content.  It is well worth it.

No comments: