Thursday, October 2, 2008

October is here...

...which means post-season baseball!

Red Sox won 4-1 against the Angels tonight in Game 1 of the ALDS.  My choice for MVP of tonight's game is a toss up between Jason Bay who gave us the lead with his 2 run homer and Jacoby Ellsbury who played well offensively and defensively--multiple hits, 2 stolen bases, and an amazing catch that made me fear that he may have gotten a good mouthful of dirt in the process.  Pitching wise, Jon Lester really showed the Angels what he was made of--lots of good pitches and 7 strike outs to boot!  Did I mention that the Sox pretty much stunk against LA all season ?  They lost 8 out of 9 games against them in the regular season.  I believe they can win the ALDS.  Go Red Sox!  

Random Note:  I can't watch a full post-season Red Sox game without knitting. Well I suppose I could, but my anxiety levels might go through the roof.  The post-season is a great time to make Christmas gifts.  I'm about 1/3 of the way through my first post-season knitting project of this year. 

No comments: