Thursday, October 9, 2008

Psalm 150 for Post 150

 Hallelujah! Praise God in his holy sanctuary; give praise in the mighty dome of heaven.
Give praise for his mighty deeds, praise him for his great majesty.
Give praise with blasts upon the horn, praise him with harp and lyre.
Give praise with tambourines and dance, praise him with flutes and strings.
Give praise with crashing cymbals, praise him with sounding cymbals.
Let everything that has breath give praise to the LORD! Hallelujah!
--Psalm 150 (NAB)

This is my 150th post so I thought I would post the 150th psalm.  It is a beautiful song of praise.  It has on more than one occasion been a reminder to me to praise God.  I am often much better at remembering to praise when things are wonderful, but I often forget to give the Lord the glory and honor He deserves in those times when life brings me to my knees. 

Here is a video that includes the song "Let Everything That Has Breath" by Matt Redman.  This song seems to be a reflection on Psalm 150; it also seems to be an invitation to join in the praise.




No comments: